Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Step 2 CK Results

I am beyond ecstatic!!!!! I am so happy that, after 7 weeks, I finally know my result - I exceeded my expectations and got a score higher than I had even hoped for on my Step 2 CK Exam!!!!

On Wednesday morning, I logged on to the NBME, started shaking like crazy, with my heart pounding out of my chest and hyperventilating. I downloaded my score report, opened it up, held my breath, and glanced at the word "pass". I decided I could breathe a little..! Then, after taking a big deep breath, I scrolled down the page, and I saw a number I totally didn't expect. I rubbed my eyes and re-checked it, to make sure I saw it correctly. I suddenly realized that I really did do that well, put on a huge goofy smile and started to tear up. Seriously, tears of pure joy started filling my eyes, and I just wanted to giggle & giggle. I cannot adequately describe how good it feels to have something you have worked so hard on come back with results that exceeded your highest expectations. I think I'm still in a bit of shock...!



I have had a lot of really great moments during my medical school career: white coat ceremony, humanism in medicine elections, connecting with patients, giving well-put together presentations, making friends, watching my knowledge base grow, getting pimped and knowing all the answers, and getting compliments from the attendings that I really look up to - but none of that even compares to finding out my results. THIS is the happiest moment of my medical school career!!!!!!!!!!

And you know what's even better? I bet there will be several things in the coming months which will surpass this - like matching into my residency program and graduation. Fourth year is pretty great...!


1 comment: